Taman Negara Pahang

There is a place that should never be missed. Place that make me forget about my lovely heels, make me left my handbags and allowed me to go out with no makeup. What I did is just to say hello to sun block, insect repellent, wooden boat and the virgin jungle.



Taman Negara National Park Pahang is exactly what I have seen in the most promotion photographs and really as I expected. Nothing more and nothing less. We had not taking boat to Taman Negara and chose to drive down to Kuala Tahan instead. The journey from Kuala Tembeling to Taman Negara by wooden boat approximately around 2 and half hours man! I will vomit blood by the time reaching the jetty.



 
But we were taking the wooden boat to Lata Berkoh and Visit Kelah sanctuary. They called it as a river cruise hehehe. I almost refused to jump in at first, the height of the boat is as height as of the water level. How about if the water come in and the boat sink down? Oh yeah, the safety jacket around and they claimed can make me floating for at least 6 hours... ok then! But how about if they can’t rescue me in 6 hours time and I am floating till no where? Oh nooo.



I blamed my leg as to jump in the boat without my concern. But apparently, I had forgotten all the worries, was enjoying the scenery to Lata Berkoh cascades, and before that, we made a stop to Kelah Sanctuary, the designated fish sanctuary area. Sorry, we had not seen any Kelah there. They claimed we were so noisy! -___-



I had my new torchlight and love it so much. It really makes the small insects/animals visible to me during our night trekking. But the trekking was so short and we missed the torchlight and dark feeling in the jungle.




A 2nd day was the tiring day for us. First because we were waiting for about 2 hours before we can walk to the Canopy Walkway, the longest tree top suspension bridge in the world and second for sure they had forced me to hike up to Bukit Terasik to view the highest point of Tahan Mountain.




They had forced me, do you hear that?? I did not like the view but yet still proud of myself to reach to the peak.

“Proceeds for wooden boat cruise, challenging the rapids. Ready to get wet! Boat Race!” this was what exactly they claimed. I should bare this before started the race. Our aim was about to make sure the other boat passengers are wet. But end up with both of the boat were soaked. But the game was really fun, seems like we were having our own childhood game in the river.



(credit to Mazidul Akmal Sidek blog who was with us too during this trip)

You, Make sure to bring water proof bag to keep your belonging especially your hand phone and don’t try this game in absent of the guides.

We managed to witness the simple life style of Orang Asli, which was the first time for all of us being so close to them. We learnt how they hunt, start the fire and off course how to use the blow-pipe shooting. Sorry I was not dare to use it, not because of the difficulty to shoot but due to the blow-pipe was shared among all. From one mouth to another mouth and another mouth and… erkk. Thank you for sharing anyway, Tok Batin.



I’m coming home with muscle pain all over my body but it seems welcoming me back. With beautiful nature, challenging hiking track (at least for me -__-), the journey in wooden boat on Tahan River and the world’s longest canopy walkway, all truly as back-to-nature experience. Why don’t take a break, prep your gear and get on the boat! Never say never. You definitely love it.

No comments: